A New Library Catalog
The Library will debut a new catalog on April 17. This will involve a short transition period during which some services may be disrupted. Curious about the new product? Read on!
Things to do before April 13
- Neither your lists from Enterprise nor your checkout history will migrate to Polaris. You can preserve your lists and reading history. Once we enter offline mode on April 13th at 9:00 PM, you will no longer have access to My Account features from the old system.
- Before April 13th, you can email or print your lists and reading history.
- To email or print a list: Log into My Account and select "My lists." Select a list, then use the checkbox next to the "Select an Action" dropdown to select all items in the list. Alternatively, you may select a subset of items using the individual checkboxes with each item. Then, in Select an Action, choose Email. You will be prompted for an email address and subject heading, and your list will be emailed you. You can use the same process to print a list of items.
- If you opted in to reading history in Enterprise, that preference will migrate to Polaris. You will not need to opt in again, but your history will not migrate.
- CCS has developed a tool for you to save your reading history. You can visit this page, enter your library card number, password, and email address. Your reading history will be delivered as an Excel file to your email address.
What to Expect during the transition: April 14-16
- Our ability to look up items and account information will be limited. Make sure to bring your card with you.
- You will be able to check out materials from our shelves and from our digital collection(eBooks, etc).
- You may return items during the transition, but they will remain on your account until April 17.
- We will be extending due dates during the offline period, so you may be able to hold onto your items for longer.
- Our catalog might not be up to date during the transition. Call us if you would like an item pulled from the shelf for you.
- You will be unable to place holds.
- You will not be able to log into your account during this time or pay overdue fines online.
- You may want to save your reading lists before April 14 when the catalog goes offline. Reading lists and checkout history will not transfer over to the new catalog. (can this link to the widget at the bottom part of the page?)
After April 17: New Catalog Features
- A better, faster browsing experience. The new catalog is optimized for phones and tablets, making it great for on-the-go browsing.
- You will be able to create your own, easy-to-remember user name.
- Your materials will renew 3 days before they are due. New items will have up to two renewals, and older items will renew up to four times.
- Choose how you receive notifications: phone call, email, and text messages are all available options.
- You can pick up materials at any of the 24 libraries within our consortium. [link: http://ccslib.org/member-libraries]
- Keep track of what you want to read and watch with the My Lists feature, or opt-in to save your checkout history to revisit old favorites.
- When you have overdue items, you can get an estimate on how much you owe with the fine estimator.
- Change the catalog to another language to make searching easier for non-English users.
New Catalog Tutorials
- Tutorials on the new catalog will be offered on April 17, 18, and 25. Please RSVP to these tutorials on our online calendar if you plan on attending!
- If you can't make a tutorial and would like to learn more, contact a librarian for assistance after April 17th.