Public Transportation Options to/from Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is easily accessible from Pace Bus routes 213 and 421/422.
- Route 213 travels up and down Green Bay Road, patrons can board/alight at Wilmette Avenue and travel a block west to Wilmette Public Library
- Route 421 travels Wilmette Avenue with stops directly in front of Wilmette Public Library.
- Route 422, while traveling to Northbrook court, does stop at the Wilmette Metra station, located across Green Bay Road from the Wilmette Public Library.
Wilmette Public Library is accessible via Metra Union-Pacific North trains. The Wilmette Metra station is located across Green Bay Road from the library, between Wilmette Avenue and Central Avenue.
Wilmette Public Library is served by the Linden station on the CTA Purple line, located a mile and a quarter east of the library. Linden station is the terminus of Pace Bus routes 421/422 which will take you to Wilmette Public Library.
Wilmette Public Library has large bike racks in the front of the library. Don't forget to bring your lock!
Driving Directions to Wilmette Public Library
- From the south: Go north on Green Bay Road. Turn left on Wilmette Ave. Turn right on Park Ave. Library is located on the corner of Wilmette Ave. and Park Ave. Parking lot is on the north side of the building.
- From the north: Go south on Green Bay Road. Turn right on Wilmette Ave. Turn right on Park Ave. Library is located on the corner of Wilmette Ave. and Park Ave. Parking lot is on the north side of the building.
- From I-94 (Edens Expressway): from the South - exit at Lake Ave. East. Go east on Lake Ave. a little over 2 miles. Turn right on Park Ave. • from the North - exit at Rt. 41/Skokie Blvd. Turn left (east) on Lake Ave. Go east on Lake Ave. a little over 2 miles. Turn right on Park Ave.