The Wilmette Public Library has an exciting opportunity for an experienced & detail-oriented Cataloging Librarian who will be responsible for cataloging print and non-print resources as well as providing direct reference service to our patrons. WPL proudly serves over 1000 patrons each day and circulates over 700,000 items annually. WPL is a member of the Cooperative Computer Services (CCS) consortium.
- Import bibliographic records for resources in all formats from OCLC to the online catalog, according to current cataloging practices and local consortium rules.
- Responsible for original cataloging for items without OCLC records
- Assign and revise call numbers
- Manage communication from other catalogers regarding cataloging and database issues
- Maintain the quality of the consortium’s catalog by updating records according to RDA standards and by working on
database maintenance projects
- Provide reference assistance to patrons
- Attend off-site meetings and continuing education opportunities
Comp & Benefits:
- Full-time, non-exempt position scheduled for 37.5 hours per week
- Minimum hourly rate: $24.00/hour. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Earned vacation, sick and personal days
- 8 paid holidays
- Master of Library Science (MLS/MLIS) degree from an ALA-accredited school is required
- 3-5 years professional cataloging experience in a public library required
- Knowledge of descriptive and subject cataloging, authority control, and classification
(including RDA, MARC, LCSH, LCGFT, and DDC)
- Experience working with OCLC Connexion
- Familiarity with CCS / Polaris ILS is preferred but not required
- Must demonstrate an ability to work independently and make sound judgement while also possessing a
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and application for consideration. Please visit our website at www.wilmettelibrary.info to download an application. APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2/15/2019. No phone inquiries please.
Please send all application materials to:
Michael Boone, PHR
Manager of Human Resources
Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a drug-free workplace and EOE employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status.