Wilmette Public Library is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, customer service professional for our part-time Circulation Assistant position. Under the direction of the Circulation Manager, this position will warmly greet all patrons and perform all Circulation-related services for our patrons. The Circulation Department focuses on the patron experience, which requires a self-starter who can multi-task, prioritize, and communicate effectively with both staff and patrons.
Circulation Assistant Responsibilities
- Screen and answer incoming phone calls and in-person questions, and route to the appropriate department or individual.
- Assist with checking materials in and out, issue library cards, and maintain accurate patron records in our database.
- Provide courteous, direct customer service and ensure a positive library experience for our patrons.
- Communicate and enforce Library policies & procedures.
Hours & Comp
- Part-time, non-exempt position averaging 18 hours per week. Weekly schedule will include days, nights and weekend hours.
- Starting hourly rate:
- HS Dipl/GED required
- 1 year of experience working with the public required.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to take direction, multi-task and work independently.
- Experience with work in a public library setting a plus, and experience with Polaris integrate library system highly desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate basic math and alphabetizing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to maintain accuracy in cash register transactions.
- Must be able to work daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
- Bilingual abilities a plus.
View the complete job description here.
If interested please visit our website at www.wilmettelibrary.info and download an application. All applications must be filled out completely and submitted to:
Michael Boone, PHR
Manager of Human Resources
Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a DDF workplace and an EOE employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.