Are you proficient with computers, very patient, and enjoy helping others? We are seeking a part-time Digital Services Assistant to join our team. You will be assisting our patrons in the use of the library computers & technology, monitoring the patron computer area, and teaching basic MS Office and consumer technology classes. Ability to pick up additional hours is highly desirable.
• Assist patrons accessing/using library computers, printers, scanners, microfilm readers, copiers, and other equipment.
• Assist patrons using digital library services, like borrowing e-books or streaming a movie
• Assist patrons using web based e-mail services.
• Conduct patron training classes about using MS Office, digital library services, or consumer technology.
• Proven experience troubleshooting MS Windows, MS Office, Android, Mac OS, and iOS
• Conduct basic network and equipment maintenance, such as resetting a router or replacing toner.
• Conduct set up of technology equipment for library programs and events.
• Assist patrons with Maker technology and equipment.
• Serve on library committees as assigned.
• HS Diploma or GED required. Some college or post HSW study desirable.
• Proven experience troubleshooting MS Windows, MS Office, Android, MAC OS, and iOS.
• 1 year of customer service experience required.
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
15 to 19 hours per week:
• Tuesday & Thursday 5:00pm – 9:00pm
• Monday 1:00pm – 5:00pm
• Every other Wednesday 9:00am – 1:00pm
• Saturday and Sunday Rotation
• Minimum Starting Hourly Rate - $16.43
If interested please submit an application, resume and cover letter. Please visit https://www.wilmettelibrary.info/about/about-us/employment and download an application. All applications must be filled out completely and submitted along with the other documents to:
Michael Boone, PHR
Manager of Human Resources
Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a DDF workplace and an EOE employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.