Software Training Associate
Wilmette Public Library is looking for a tech-savvy individual with extensive software knowledge and exceptional customer service skills for our Software Training Associate position. This role is responsible for developing course materials and facilitating classroom-led instruction on software and application usage (with an emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite) for both patrons and staff. The successful candidate will also assist patrons in the use of library computers and technology, and monitor the patron Computer Room, while providing a welcoming and positive library experience.
- Facilitate training sessions for patrons and staff on MS Office, with emphasis on MS Excel preferred, digital library services, and consumer technology.
- Assist patrons accessing/using library computers, printers, scanners, microfilm readers, copiers and other technology equipment. Troubleshoot issues/questions regarding MS Windows, MS Office, Android, Mac OS, and iOS.
- Conduct set-up of technology for library programs and events.
- Assist patrons using digital library services, such as borrowing e-books or streaming media.
- Assist patrons using web based e-mail services.
- Conduct basic network and equipment maintenance, such as replacing toner cartridges or resetting a router.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- One year experience working with the public preferred. Experience in public library setting desirable.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- 26 hours per week
- Schedule includes daytime, evening, and a weekend rotation.
Salary & Benefits
- Minimum Starting Hourly Rate - $16.50
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) participation.
Download the complete job description here.
Interested candidates should submit an application and resume for consideration. To download an application and view the full job description, please visit our website at www.wilmettelibrary.info. All applications must be filled out completely and submitted along with the other documents to:
Michael Boone, PHR
Manager of Human Resources
Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a DDF workplace and an EOE employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.