Technical Services Manager
Wilmette Public Library has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and highly skilled professional to fill our crucial role of Technical Services Manager. This exceptionally organized and detail-oriented multi-tasker will plan, direct, and manage the vital services our Technical Services department provides including acquisitions, cataloging, classification, inputting, processing and withdrawing. Managing a team of 8, this individual will possess an extensive knowledge of the ILS and its reporting capabilities, and will also catalog and classify materials, as well as update bibliographic records, according to the CCS (Cooperative Computer Services) consortium’s recommendations. As a member of our Leadership Team, this “outside-the-box” thinker will also work collaboratively to develop cost-saving measures and introduce new services to increase operational effectiveness and enhance service to our patrons.
Key Essential Duties
- Supervise all personnel functions including scheduling, training, performance reviews, corrective action, and will participate in the process for any departmental hiring needs.
- Manages all aspects of Technical Services including setting goals, establishing priorities, creating projects, and optimizing workflow for the department.
- Develops and implements departmental procedures, practices and policies.
- Supports the collection management activities of our Adult and Youth Services departments.
- Represents the Library at the CCS CAMM (Cataloging and Metadata Management) meetings, as the Library alternate at CCS Governing Board meetings, and as a volunteer for CCS special projects.
- Maintains vendor relationships and acts as a liaison between vendor’s products and Library selection staff.
- Utilizes ILS knowledge to answer staff questions, create new collections, and manage Polaris policies including circulation and “holdability” rules.
- Performs copy and original cataloging as needed, and provides database maintenance and creates templates and record sets.
- Attends Leadership Team meetings and prepares monthly activity and statistical reports for the Director.
Comp & Benefits:
- Full-time, exempt position scheduled for 37.5 hours per week.
- Minimum starting salary: $60,000 DOQ.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and health reimbursement plans.
- 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days and 3 Bank days (floating holidays) per year. (First year benefit time will be prorated based on date of hire.)
- 8 paid holidays.
- IMRF participation including Voluntary Additional Contributions.
- 457 investment options available.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution required.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible cataloging experience in a public library, in a variety of formats, required.
- Previous management or supervisory experience required.
- Experience with Polaris integrated library system is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of principles and practices of public library Technical Services operations.
- Must have knowledge of descriptive and subject cataloging, authority control, and classification (including RDA, MARC, LCSH, LCGFT, and DDC).
- Ability to demonstrate efficient use of the Library’s integrated library system (ILS) including creating and running reports.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as collaboratively on a team.
View the complete job description here.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and application for consideration. Please visit our website at www.wilmettelibrary.info to download an application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 3/1/2021. No phone inquiries please.
Please send all application materials to:
Michael Boone, PHR
Manager of Human Resources
Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a drug-free workplace and EOE employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.