Library Open for Browsing & Computer Services
The library is open to the public with a modified service model. This model is intended to provide a safe environment for our community and staff. Our model has been designed to reflect current guidance from state and federal health authorities, while also being mindful of the many members of our community who are not yet eligible for vaccination. We look forward to providing more services throughout the summer months. To stay up to date with the latest news on our hours and services, sign up for our email newsletters and follow us on Facebook.
Please follow these safety precautions:
- Wear a mask. Masks are required for all visitors age 2 and older, and must fully cover your nose, mouth, and chin.
- Keep your distance. Please maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Be mindful of staff and each other. Please respect the acrylic shields installed at service desks, and maintain proper distancing when approaching staff.
- Keep children close. If you bring children with you, please keep them with you at all times. While you watch your children, staff can help select materials for you
- Keep your hands clean. Staff have installed hand sanitizing stations throughout the building for your convenience.
- Return items safely. All library items are quarantined for 24 hours upon return. We ask that you return items in the drop boxes in the library parking lot to help minimize contact with books before they are quarantined.
- Stay home if you’re sick. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. If you have items to pick up, call the library and we can extend your holds.
- In-person browsing and borrowing of our collections
- Pick up holds in the library or via contactless Parking Lot Pickup. We have a new procedure for picking up in-building holds; learn more here.
- Reference and readers advisory services from Youth and Adult Services librarians
- Computer stations
- WiFi access (also available outside the building)
- Printing, scanning, and copying
- Offsite material returns are open
Some of our collections, services, and spaces are not available during this phase of reopening:
- No study rooms
- No room rentals
- Periodicals Room is closed, though many magazines remain holdable
- No in-person programming. View our events calendar for virtual programs
- Toys, games, and other interactives are not available
- No eating or drinking inside the library
- Material donations are not accepted by the Library or Friends of the Library
- Books Down Under (the Friends of the Library Bookstore) remains closed until further notice
Updated May 27, 2021