Wilmette Public Library Reopening to Public July 13
With the state of Illinois in Phase 4 of the Governor's Restore Illinois plan, the library building will be reopening for public use beginning Monday, July 13. Our reopening plans prioritize the safety and health of our staff, patrons, and greater community. We have missed seeing you at the library, and look forward to welcoming you back as we create a new normal together.
The Library will be open:
When coming to the library during the pandemic, we ask that your visit be brief-- come in, browse the collection, check out what you need, and take your items home to enjoy. Computer use will only be allowed in 1 hour sessions, seating is limited, and our study and meeting rooms will not be available.
We take your health and safety seriously. If you have any indication of the COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. We will be enforcing the following safety requirements:
- Masks are required for all patrons 2 and older and staff. Face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times while inside the library.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or greater at all times.
- Building capacity is limited; during busy times, there may be a line to enter the building. Please be courteous with the length of your visit to allow others entry.
- Protective acrylic shields have been installed at all service desks.
- We encourage use of the stairs whenever possible, and single-household occupancy of the elevators.
- We encourage frequent hand washing and/or use of hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
- Returned materials will be quarantined for 3 days before circulating again.
- Checkout books, movies, music, and other resources
- Pick up holds at the Circulation Desk or via contactless Parking Lot Pickup
- In-person browsing of our collections
- Reference and readers advisory services from Youth and Adult Services librarians
- Computer stations
- WiFi access (also available outside the building)
- Printing, scanning, and copying
- Seating is limited and is intended to accommodate individuals with mobility impairments
- Patrons are encouraged to return materials to the outdoor book drops in the parking lot
- If you bring children with you, please keep them with you at all times. While you watch your children, staff can help select materials for you
Some of our collections, services, and spaces are not available during this phase of reopening:
- Seating areas and work tables have been removed temporarily
- Study rooms are not available
- No room rentals
- Periodicals Room is closed, though many magazines remain holdable
- No in-person programming-- View our events calendar for virtual programs
- Toys, games, and other interactives are not available
- No eating or drinking inside the library
- Material donations are not accepted by the Library or Friends of the Library
- Books Down Under (the Friends of the Library Bookstore) remains closed until further notice.
- Offsite material returns remain closed for now
Parking Lot Pickup
We will continue to offer contact-free Parking Lot Pickup while the building is open. Appointments are now required for Parking Lot Pickup. If you have items ready to pick up, please make an appointment online or by calling the library at 847.256.5025. Please do not make an appointment until you have been notified that your items are ready to pickup.
Questions? We are here to help! Send us an email or give us a call during our service hours: