Concurrent with the end of the statewide mask mandate, masks are recommended at Wilmette Public Library as of Monday, February 28. While masks are no longer required for entry to the building, we strongly encourage all visitors to continue to wear masks while inside the library.
Current Safety Precautions
- Masks are recommended but not required for all visitors age 2 and older.
- Maintain a safe distance. Keep a distance of 6 feet from others whenever possible, and maintain a safe distance when interacting with staff.
- Stay home if you’re sick. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. If you have items to pick up, call the library and we can extend your holds.
Due to ongoing COVID mitigations, availability of in-person programs may be different than those listed in our print newsletter. Visit our online calendar for the most up-to-date information about our on-site and virtual programs.
Try our popular Parking Lot Pickup option. This contact-free system allows you to retrieve your hold materials without leaving the comfort of your car. Find full instructions and information for making an appointment:
- In-person browsing and borrowing of our collections
- Pick up holds in the library or via contactless Parking Lot Pickup
- Reference, readers' advisory, and appointment services with our librarians
- Computer services
- WiFi access (also available outside the building)
- Printing, scanning, and copying
- 24-7 remote services via our website
- First Floor Quiet Study Room
- Second Floor Study Rooms
Some of our services and spaces are not currently available:
- Lower Level study rooms
- Room rentals