The Wilmette Public Library is looking for energetic, highly organized and detail-oriented individuals for part-time Shelver positions. These positions will be responsible for sorting, shelving and maintaining order for all relevant library materials including reference books, magazines, picture file and vertical file items etc. These positions will also handle general customer service requests from patrons as well as basic housekeeping duties throughout the library as needed.
- Part-time, non-exempt position with a schedule that averages out to approximate 9 hours per week.
- Schedule includes Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6:00pm – 9:00pm, and every other weekend: Saturdays 9:00am – 5:00pm and Sundays 12:00pm – 5:00pm.
- Starting hourly rate of $15.00.
- Successful candidates will be detail-oriented, highly motivated and possess exceptional organizational skills as the ability to sort and shelve efficiently and accurately.
- Must be able to sort accurately by alphabetical, numerical, chronological, Dewey Decimal order or departmental classification/shelving schemes.
- Previous Shelving experience a plus but not required.
- Possess a positive attitude and approachable personality. Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Must be able to lift approx. 20 lbs., and push carts weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Must be a least 16 year of age
Please visit our website at www.wilmettelibrary.info and download an application. All interested applicants must completely fill out and submit application, and preferably a resume, to:
Michael Boone, PHR
Manager of Human Resources
Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a DF workplace and an EOE employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.