Are you proficient with computers and helping others feel comfortable using technology? Are you adept at providing exceptional customer service? Wilmette Public Library is looking for a patient, friendly, part-time Digital Services Assistant who enjoys helping others, and possesses strong communication and instructional skills to explain technical information to all types of users. In this role, you will be assisting our patrons in the use of the library computers & technology, and monitor the patron computer area. Ability to pick up additional hours is highly desirable.
Wilmette Public Library has been named a Library Journal “5 Star Library” every year since 2019, proudly serving a highly-engaged community committed to learning, creativity, growth, and development.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all patrons using library technology.
- Assists patrons using library computers, printers, scanners, copiers, and other technology equipment. Troubleshoot common technology issues.
- Maintains knowledge of tools and resources for digital media creation, and digitization (audio, images, and video).
- Provides individual instruction in the use of resources.
- Develops and facilitates programs with a focus on digital literacy and emerging technology.
- May assist patrons with Maker technology and equipment.
- May be asked to conduct patron training classes about using MS Office, digital library services, or consumer technology.
- HS Diploma or GED required. Some college or post HS study desirable.
- Proven experience troubleshooting MS Windows, MS Office, Android, MAC OS, and iOS.
- 1 year of customer service experience required.
- Ability to demonstrate and deliver exceptional customer service for patrons and staff.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
Hours – Averages out to approximately 8-12 hours per week. Schedule includes:
- Every Wednesday & Thursday afternoons: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- 3rd weekend of every month:
- Saturdays 8:45am – 5:00pm
- Sundays 11:45pm – 5:00pm
- Minimum Starting Hourly Rate - $16.30 DOQ
If interested please submit an application and resume. Please visit our website at www.wilmettelibrary.info and download an application. All applications must be filled out completely and submitted along with the other documents to:
Michael Boone, PHR
Manager of Human Resources
Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a Drug Free workplace and an EOE employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.