Parking Lot Pickup is an easy, contact-free way to borrow our physical collections. Appointments are required for Parking Lot Pickup. We cannot accommodate same-day appointments. To use this service, simply:
- Place holds on items in our online catalog. You may also call the library to speak with a librarian to request items be placed on hold.
- Wait for email or phone notification that your items are ready for pickup.
- When you receive notification, make an appointment for Parking Lot Pickup. A link to make an appointment will be in your email notification.
- Come to the library at the appointed time, pull into a designated spot, and follow the posted instructions.
Parking Log Pickup Available:
- We cannot accommodate same-day appointments for Parking Lot Pickup. When you are notified that your items are ready to pick up, you will have seven days to make your appointment, beginning the next day that we are open.
- Please do not return items at Pickup; return items only to the parking lot book return boxes.
Parking Lot Pickup FAQ
You will receive an automated email or phone notification alerting you that your holds are ready. After receiving your notification, please make an appointment to come pick up your items.
When you arrive at the library, park in one of the designated pick-up spots and call the phone number posted at your parking spot. Do not exit your car. A staff member will package your items in a bag for your convenience, and place them on a chair in front of your vehicle. Please remain in your car until the staff member has delivered your items, and stepped away. You may then retrieve the items from the chair in front of your vehicle. Please respect social distancing of others in this area at all times.
Yes. Our interlibrary loan service is up and running. You can request items from other libraries in our catalog or by phone, and you will be notified when they are available.
If you have any questions, please send us an email.
Home Delivery Service
The Library offers home delivery service to Wilmette and Kenilworth patrons who are valid Wilmette cardholders and are unable to come to the library due to a temporary or permanent disabling condition.
Deliveries are scheduled every other week. All circulating library resources are available for home delivery. All policies, including fees and limits, apply to those receiving homebound services. Resources will be checked out on the card of the person receiving the service.
For further information and to set up delivery contact the Adult Services Department at 847.256.5025.
Have you met Professor Plum?
Professor Plum is our Book Bike, a bicycle with a large purple box in front to hold library materials. Staff members ride the bicycle to Library events across town throughout the Summer, including park story times, the Wilmette French Market, and much more. The bicycle carries books and other library materials that are appropriate for each event. You can check out these items directly from the Book Bike, or even register for a new library card!
If you see Professor Plum pedaling around town, stop by to grab a book, pick up some swag, or just say hi!