Using Our 3D Printers
The library has two Prusa i3 MK3S+ 3D Printers, which are located in the Technology Center on the first floor. Only designated staff have hands-on access to the 3D printers. To have something printed, fill out the 3D Print Submission Form below.
- Cost: $0.10 per gram of filament
- Material: PLA
- Print delivery: 7-10 business days
- Print time limit: 8 hours maximum per object
- Print size limit: 9.84×8.3×8.3 in (25×21×21 cm)
- Acceptable file format: STL, OBJ
- Default print settings: 0.20mm layer height, 15% infill unless otherwise requested
- Patrons will be emailed when the print is complete and ready to pick up
3D Printing Guidelines
- The library cannot guarantee product quality, satisfaction, equipment availability or stability, confidentiality of design, or specific delivery times.
- The library reserves the right to refuse to print any item that does not comply with library policy, time, or size restrictions.
- The 3D printer may only be used to make objects for lawful and appropriate use.
- A valid library card in good standing is required to fulfill a 3D Print submission.
- The library will hold the completed print for 30 days, after which it will become the library’s property.
- Files will be deleted when printing is complete.
- Patrons are responsible for removing rafts and supports, which are included in the cost of the object.