The next Presidential General Election is November 5, 2024. The next Consolidated General Election date is Tuesday, April 1, 2025. Find information on registering to vote, locating your polling place, important dates and deadlines for upcoming elections, and links to reputable election resources.
Register to Vote
Eligible Suburban Cook County residents can register to vote online, register by mail, in-person at locations including Secretary of State Drivers’ Services Facilities and Cook County Clerk locations, as well as on voting day at your home precinct. You may also be registered to vote by authorized Deputy Clerks.
Learn about Voting Laws and Legislation
The LexisNexis Foundation maintains the U.S. Voting Laws and Legislation Center, a free-to-use, searchable database of U.S. voting laws, legislative developments, and news.
Learn Who and What's on the Ballot
- Check the Cook County Clerk’s Office for a list of candidates in the upcoming election.
- Learn who is on your ballot with the League of Women Voters Illinois Voter's Guide.
- Ballot Ready: Enter your address to learn more about candidates
- Visit voteforjudges.org to learn ratings of judicial candidates for election and retention to the Cook County Circuit Court from area bar associations and advocacy groups.
Find Your Polling Place
Use the Cook County Clerk’s Your Voter Information tool to locate your polling place.
February 28, 2023 Consolidated Primary Election
April 4, 2023 Consolidated Election
Four seats on the seven-member Wilmette Public Library District Board of Trustees will be open for the Tuesday, April 4, 2023 consolidated election. All of the seats will be for a full four-year term expiring in April 2027.
To be eligible, a candidate must be a registered voter; have resided in the Library District for at least one year of the filing of a nomination petition; not be delinquent in paying real estate taxes to the Library District or delinquent as to other indebtedness to the Library District; not have a conviction for any infamous crime, bribery, perjury, or other felony.
Candidate nomination petitions must have at least 50 signatures from registered voters who reside within the Library District. Nomination petitions may not be circulated for signature prior to Tuesday, September 22, 2022. Election packets containing petition forms and instructions are available in the Administration Office of the Wilmette Public Library District, 1242 Wilmette Avenue, third floor.
Completed nomination petitions signed by voters and circulators may be filed on weekdays from Monday, December 12, 2022, through Monday, December 19, 2022, in the Administration Office of the Wilmette Public Library District. The office will be open Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. File completed nomination petitions, a Statement of Candidacy, a receipt from the County Clerk indicating that a Statement of Economic Interests has been filed with the County Clerk, and a Loyalty Oath (optional).
For further information, please call Marti Bellefontaine at 847-256-6912.
Important 2023 Dates
- March 7 - Voter registration closes for deputy registrars and local election officials
- March 19 - Last day to register to vote by online application
- March 20 - First day of early voting
- March 30 - Last day to request a mail ballot, including military and overseas voters
- April 3 - Last day of early voting
- April 3 - Last day mail ballots can be postmarked
- April 4 - Election Day