Community Art Show: Off the Beaten Path
Enter the library’s new art show, Off the Beaten Path!
The spring and summer public art show opens Sunday, May 7, 2-3pm.
Theme: Off the Beaten Path
Wilmette Public Library’s community Art Shows are back! In conjunction with our One Book, Everyone Reads 2023 selection Now is Not the Time to Panic by Kevin Wilson, our next community art show will explore the theme of Off the Beaten Path. We invite artists in Wilmette, Kenilworth, and beyond to submit works that they feel fits the theme—the interpretation is up to you! We will accept up to 20 pieces on a first come, first served basis. In order to be entered in the show, you must pre-register your work online.
The first 20 entrants to pre-register online will be accepted to the show! Pre-registration begins April 10 at 10am. Enter Here!
Art due Sunday, April 30, 12-2pm and Monday, May 1, 11am-1pm.
Off the Beaten Path Public Art Show Calendar
- Online Pre-registration opens April 10 at 10am. All work MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED to participate in the show. The first 20 pieces pre-registered will be accepted into the show. Work not pre-registered will not be accepted.
- Drop off times: Sunday, April 30, 12-2pm and Monday, May 1, 11am-1pm
- Opening Reception: Sunday, May 7, 2-3pm
- Pick up: Sunday, July 9, 12-2pm and Monday, July 10, 11am-1pm
Work must be dropped off and picked up during these times, no exceptions will be made. Only register for the show if you are able to make the listed drop off and pick up times. You may arrange for someone else to drop off and/or pick up your work for you. Failure to pick up your work during the listed times may result in being barred from entering the next library art show.
Who may enter:
Artists over the age of 18 residing in the Chicago metropolitan area may enter. There is no entry fee.
Where and When to enter:
Work will be accepted at the Wilmette Library, 1242 Wilmette Avenue only during the times listed above. The library is located a block west of Green Bay Road on the corner of Park Ave. All work MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED online prior to dropping off art to participate in the show. The first 20 pieces pre-registered will be accepted. Work not pre-registered will not be accepted.
Pre-registration opens April 10 at 10am. Closes after 20 entries or on April 27 at 12pm, whichever comes first.
To register your work, please Enter Here!
What to enter:
Enter one wall piece, not exceeding 4’ x 4’, framed for gallery presentation and wired for hanging. Art not wired for hanging will not be accepted. The entry must not have been submitted previously. Dax-type frames, masonite and clipboard frames will not be accepted. Additionally, sculpture and multi-piece works (e.g., diptychs, triptychs) will not be accepted in this show. One piece per artist may be entered.
What else you need to know:
- Artists must personally submit his or her own work. Commercial galleries and collectors may not submit work for an artist.
- Work previously submitted in a Wilmette Public Library Show will not be accepted.
- All subject matter must be appropriate for viewing by the general public.
- Library employees are not permitted to accept or release artwork at any time. Artists may not drop off or remove work from the Auditorium except at the times designated in the show calendar. No exceptions will be made to the posted drop off and pick up times.
- There is no limit on the number of shows artists may enter, but no artist may enter two consecutive shows.
- All work must be wired for hanging with a wire across the back.
- All work must be under the size limit of 4 ft x 4 ft and must not be excessively heavy.
All pieces must fit into the above guidelines to be accepted into the show.
ALL work must be delivered during the stated drop off times: Sunday, April 30, 12-2pm and Monday, May 1, 11am-1pm
Pick up is Sunday, July 9, 12-2pm and Monday, July 10, 11am-1pm. Art must be picked up at this time. Failure to pick up your work during the listed times may result in being barred from entering the next library art show.
Please check back here for future show announcements!
*The library reserves the right to reject any piece that does not meet the posted guidelines or is otherwise unfit for the library.
QUESTIONS: Contact the Communication and Events Department, email@example.com or 847-256-6926