Introducing Our New Outdoor Lockers
We’re excited to debut our new outdoor locker service this January. These lockers will allow you to retrieve your holds at any time, regardless of whether the library is open!
How it works:
- When you place your holds, use the dropdown menu to select “Wilmette Public Library- 24/7 Pickup Lockers.” You can also call the library to place a hold with the locker pickup location.
- When your hold comes in, you will receive a notice that you can pick it up at the lockers, which are located on the north side of the building.
- Follow the directions on the screen to retrieve your items. You will need your library card. Scan your card, then select “Pickup Held Items.” A listing of all materials will show up on the screen. You must select all for your locker to open.
- Items will be checked out to you, you do not need to take any further action.
- Retrieve your items, close the locker, and you’re done!
Note: If your card is not scanning, select the keypad and you can type in your library card number.
- The lockers will be replacing our Parking Lot Pickup service. We will phase out Parking Lot Pickup this winter.
- If you would like to change your hold pickup location, call the library. A staff member can change your pickup location. You must call to change from an indoor pickup location to the outdoor lockers.
- There is no appointment necessary. Once you are notified your hold is ready in the lockers, you will have 7 days to pick them up, and they will be available 24/7.
- If you close the locker before you finish retrieving your items (or accidentally leave something in the locker), you can go through the checkout process again to re-open the locker.
- Remove all items from the locker. If you decide you do not want an item, return it to the book drops located in the library parking lot. Do not leave any items in the locker.
- All item types can be picked up via locker EXCEPT items from the Library of Things. Library of Things items must be picked up indoors.
If you have any questions, please call the library or send us an email. We are happy to help change your holds to the lockers, or help walk you through the process of placing a hold in our catalog yourself!