Printing at the Library
You can print documents at the library from a library computer, your home computer, or your wireless device. To print from a library computer, visit the Technology Center on the first floor, or Youth Services computers on the second floor. To print from your home computer or wireless device, see the instructions below for WiFi Printing.
There is a fee to print at the library. For WiFi print jobs, you can pay when you arrive at the library to pick up your document.
- Black and white prints: $.10/page
- Color prints: $.50/page
Documents may be printed on letter (8.5x11) and legal (8.5x14) sized paper.
To send your document to the wifi printer
- Click on WiFi printing
- Choose the type of printer: Color or Black and White
- Type in your email address
- Click browse and select the file you wish to print
- Click on the green printer icon
- Wait about 5 minutes for your job to become available to print
To send your document to the wifi printer via email
- Click the link "How do I Print from a Mobile Device?"
- Copy and paste an email address for Color or Black and white printing
- Compose a new email and paste the email address in the To field
- Attach the file you wish to print and click send
To pick up your document, go to a Print Release Station in the library within 4 hours. If not printed within 4 hours, you will need to send your job again.
To release your documents
- Go to the Print Release Station and log-in with your email address
- Select your document
- Put your money in to the coin tower, and click the print button in the upper left of the screen.
- When a screen pops up, click the Pay From Vending Device icon. After a few seconds your document will print.
The library has three copy machines available for public use. On the first floor, copiers are located outside the Technology Center by the stairwell, and across from the Reference Desk. A third copier is available on the second floor outside the Youth Services department.
Black & white copies
- Letter (8.5 x 11 in) and Legal (8.5 x 14 in): $.10
- Ledger (11 x 17 in): $.20
- Letter (8.5 x 11 in) and Legal (8.5 x 14 in): $.50
- Ledger (11 x 17 in): $1.00
Each copier has a classic photocopy scanner, a document feeder scanner, and the ability to print from (and save to) USB storage devices.
The Technology Center's scan station is a touch screen computer equipped with both a flatbed and document scanner. Patrons can scan photos, book and documents with dimensions up to 11.7 inches by 16.5 inches (A3 size). The document scanner has the ability to scan double-sided papers quickly.
Supported scan file formats include PDF, searchable PDF, Word, TIFF, and jpeg.
Scanned content can be faxed, saved to a USB drive, emailed, or sent to your smartphone or tablet using a QR code. There is no fee to scan at the library. USB drives may be purchased at the Circulation Desk.
Negative and Slide Scanner
This scanner offers professional-quality scanning for photographic prints and film (positive or negative) up to 8 x 10 inches. The negative/slide scanner is located in the Technology Center. Patrons need a Wilmette library card or guest pass to use the scanner.
There are 4 types of film holders designed for a variety of film formats: 35mm slides, 35mm film strips, medium format film 2.25in , and 4x5 inch film.